This ad is expired.
Athletic Maintenance Lead - Extended
San Diego County - Grossmont College
Transforming lives through learning isn't just the vision of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. It happens every day with our 30,000 students who take the first step in their higher education, become trained for a new career, or learn knowledge that transforms their world perspective.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District honors a diverse academic community and fosters equity mindedness across our institutions. As such, the District is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among different student groups by promoting a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice, and continuously examining our processes and practices through an equity lens.
The District provides an excellent health and welfare benefits package to its employees. We take care of our employees and have continued to offer medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents at no charge for any of the plans we offer.
Become a part of this dedicated team in beautiful San Diego County!
Please read the entire job posting before your application is submitted. Important instructions to applicants are at the bottom of the page. Be attentive when applying as many of our positions require multiple attachments.
Please note: each page of the application will save upon clicking next.' Draft applications can be accessed through the candidate home page.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 20th, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: Application materials that are submitted on the last day of application and are timed out will not be accepted.
Department: Facilities and Maintenance
Months worked out of the Year: 12 months
Work hours: 40 hours/week, hours may vary
Shift Differential: None
Starting Salary Range:
Range: CL - 32: $4,117 (Step A) or $4,353 (Step B) monthly
Based on experience
Anticipated Start Date: April 2024
Under the direction of the Director of Campus Facilities Operations and Maintenance with input from the Associate Dean of Athletics, assign and coordinate the work of full-time classified and part-time hourly support staff. Coordinate the ordering, issuance, storage and maintenance of physical education/athletic equipment and materials; oversee the athletic grounds and facility maintenance of the physical education/athletic departments; and do related work as required.
Prioritize, assign and oversee the work of full-time classified and part-time hourly support staff in the physical education/athletic facilities ensuring that assignments are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
Set-up and take down equipment for athletic events and physical education classes. Set and manage schedules of this activity based on consultation with instructors and coaches and on special needs of class.
Oversee and participate in maintaining physical education equipment and supplies in good repair and in sanitary condition.
Receive, store and issue supplies and equipment; assist in the receipt, control and issuance of equipment to staff members. Assist with inventory and maintain inventory records of equipment and supplies.
Prepare annual physical education budget; maintain record control of budgeted accounts. Requisition, order, receive, store, issue and account for all purchases.
Reorder equipment as necessary.
Participate in pool maintenance; assist in brushing and vacuuming pool and cleaning pool filters; maintain filters, pumps and other pool equipment; conduct chemical tests of water and adjust chemical balance as necessary.
Assist with maintaining and performing minor repairs to equipment in weight room and other physical education equipment; assist in the maintenance of athletic field and outdoor equipment as needed; report the misuse of physical education equipment and facilities to appropriate personnel.
Supervise and participate in maintaining all athletic/physical education fields and facilities. Maintain gymnasiums and supervise the cleaning of floors, painting of walls, doors, etc.
Supervise all physical education class set-up and set-ups for all other athletic events and competitions.
Assist with the marking of athletic play areas with appropriate marking materials or equipment to delineate the area of play, dimensions and boundaries as prescribed and established by league and sport rules.
Prepare, coordinate, and maintain records of all requests for district services for physical education/athletic areas; maintain records of use and location of equipment and materials. Prepare reports.
Maintain and repair bleachers, backboards, rims and other physical education/athletic equipment and facilities.
Perform complex grounds maintenance duties in the preparation and maintenance of athletic fields, surrounding landscape areas and facilities to maintain an attractive, safe and functional environment that meets established athletic field regulations.
Assist in the maintenance and repair of irrigation systems to assure proper and safe operating conditions.
Design, layout, install, maintain and repair irrigation systems to assure proper and safe operating conditions. Replace sprinkler lines, pipes, valves, sprinklers and other related parts as necessary. Dig trenches, install pipe and valves, run irrigation systems to ensure proper ground coverage.
Plan, schedule, and supervise all remodeling, refurbishing and upgrading of physical education/athletic facilities.
Mark athletic play areas with appropriate marking materials or equipment to delineate the area of play and restricting lines as prescribed and established by league and sport rules; design and construct new fields as required.
Confer with coaches and exercise science instructors and others as appropriate to coordinate field maintenance/classroom activities.
Maintain departmental area(s) in a safe, clean and orderly condition; assure compliance with established safety procedures and regulations.
Water, chemistry, cleaning methods, maintenance of filtration systems and proper handling of chlorine and other chemicals.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Participate in organizing pool functions and setting up equipment for aquatic sports activities.
Accompany athletic teams to out-of-town events; assist with preparation of uniforms, equipment and supplies for athletic events.
Pick-up and deliver supplies or equipment as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Purchasing, receiving, storing and maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Materials, tools and methods used in the repair and maintenance of typical projects to which assigned.
- Methods, equipment and materials used in cultivating, irrigating, and maintaining landscaped and athletic field areas.
- Safe procedures in the operation of hand and power tools and equipment.
- General safety procedures and practices including CAL-OSHA and County Health Department regulations and requirements for handling and storage of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides and toxic building materials.
- Water chemistry, cleaning methods, maintenance of filtration systems and proper handling of chlorine and other chemicals.
- Equipment and materials used in physical education activities including NCAA regulations and requirements as applied to facilities and equipment.
- Maintain equipment and materials used in college physical education activities.
- Use materials, methods, and equipment to repair and maintain physical education facilities and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition according to predetermined standards.
- Learn and provide maintenance and operation of swimming pools.
- Understand and follow appropriate procedures for cleaning, maintaining and storing athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Learn and understand the safety requirements and methods for handling blood-stained materials and equipment and other safety regulations and procedures of area.
- Understand and apply NCAA standards and regulations to facilities and equipment used in athletic competitions.
- Assist teams with uniforms and equipment including travel to out-of-town events.
- Work independently with little direction; plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform specialized grounds maintenance work in the preparation and maintenance of athletic fields, surrounding landscape, facilities and equipment, including application of chemicals for weed control.
- Learn athletic fields and track boundaries and markings.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Maintain tools and equipment assigned in clean working order and provide for proper security.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school, three years of experience in some phase of physical education, recreations or supply.
Increasingly responsible experience in grounds and facilities maintenance including some general custodial experience. Some experience in gardening and turf care and maintenance of athletic fields.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Valid California driver's license required and ability to qualify for district vehicle insurance coverage; must obtain Certified Pool Operator certificate within first year of employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work includes indoor and outdoor environment; subject to frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, fumes from chemicals and adverse weather conditions.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants may find it helpful to refer back to the job posting, specifically the special instructions, while applying. Consider saving the job description or opening a new browser window.
*ATTENTION* Application materials with personal photos will render your application incomplete. Please do not include any materials that were not asked for.
Having the following materials prepared and ready to attach BEFORE beginning the application may make the application experience more seamless.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING 2 DOCUMENTS):
1. A complete and current resume (maximum 2 pages).
2. A 1-2 page cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of the position through your experience and knowledge.
*ATTENTION* Please upload .doc, .docx, or PDF files only. If you are working on Google Docs or Mac files, please be sure to save under .doc or PDF for your files to upload correctly.
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing should notify the Human Resources Department by emailing D-HR-Jobs@gcccd.edu.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
To apply, visit https://gcccd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gcccdcareers/job/San-Diego-County---Grossmont-College/ATHLETIC-MAINTENANCE-LEAD_R-01963.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, a two-college district in eastern San Diego County, has been providing a high-quality education to the region since Grossmont College opened its doors in 1961 and Cuyamaca College began operating in 1978. The district is tied closely to the suburban and rural communities that it serves, providing a $1 billion economic impact to the region through its payroll, purchasing, and spending by students and alumni.
The district has a strong commitment to diversity and equity with a student population representing a broad variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, cultures and abilities. The district strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
The colleges offer more than 150 degrees and certificates in a wide range of programs. Both colleges have signature programs that have become well-renowned. Grossmont College is recognized for its top-notch Administration of Justice, Culinary Arts, Nursing and Allied Health and Theatre Arts programs, while Cuyamaca is known for its Automotive Technology, Ornamental Horticulture, Environmental Health and Safety and Water/Wastewater Technology programs.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency