Adjunct, Aviation Maintenance
Salt Lake Community College
Position Title: Adjunct, Aviation Maintenance
Open Internally or Externally: External
If faculty, tenure track status: Not Applicable
Reports to (title): Associate Dean
Department: Aviation/Related Tech-2N7
Requisition Number: A23033
Position Type: One Semester Temporary
Job Category: Adjunct - Variable
Initial Work Location: Aviation Education Center
Starting Salary: $18.59 - $54.92 per hour
Job Open Date: 04/14/2023
Job Close Date: 04/14/2024
Open Until Filled: No
Priority Review Date:
Job Summary: The Instructor will teach college level students all subjects in the Airframe and Powerplant courses including electronics, avionics, mathematics and physics. The teaching will include the FAA approved curriculum which will provide students the information necessary to pass the written, oral and practical exams for Airframe and Powerplant certificates. The instructor will use the classroom and laboratory to instruct college students in the technical information and skills required to maintain and repair all types of aircraft relative to engines and airframes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: 1. Prepares and teaches various classes in the Aviation Department using proper written and verbal communication skills.
2. Follows industry, government, and manufacturers maintenance practices in the lab areas.
- Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization
- Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments
- Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards
- Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades
- Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance
- Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines
- Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment
- Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy
- Maintains professional and collegial behavior
- Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1-2 days)
- Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure
- Completes all required employee trainings
- Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines
- Provides ADA accommodations as requested
- Other job related duties as needed
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued: Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy Maintains professional and collegial behavior Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1-2 days) Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure Completes all required employee trainings Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines Provides ADA accommodations as requested Other job related duties as needed
Minimum Qualifications: 1. Current license in both Airframe and Powerplant required.
2. Six (6) years of recent employment as an A & P Technician with hands-on experience with aircraft and related systems at a journeyman level, with inspection authorization (IA) or three (3) years experience and three (3) years of technical education training required.
3. AAS degree in Aviation Maintenance.
4. Teaching experience.
5. General aviation, commercial aviation, aircraft inspection and avionics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Possess high level of processing to dexterity skills in aircraft repair.Ability to relate pedagogically to the needs and interests of students.Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.Ability to meet the challenges of a broad curriculum and a student body with diverse abilities, interests, and backgrounds.Knowledge of FAA part 91, 121 and 135 flight regulations.Knowledge of Aircraft Structures, Systems and Powerplants.Ability to teach basic level maintenance skills.Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Special Instructions: This is a pooled position and all applications are active for one year from the application date. The department will review applications when positions become available.Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States.Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.1) In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment.2) Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within 30 days of hire.3) In accordance with Board of Higher Education policy, SLCCs Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12) students are assigned to classes.4) Candidate must pass TSA airport security background check.5) Must provide copies of FAA certification with application
SLCC Highlights: Salt Lake Community College is Utahs largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utahs fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging HSI, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.
SLCC Information: Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems ("URS").This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/56719
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency